Download and Install Huawei P9 Plus (VIE-L09) Marshmallow Stock Firmware (B180) – Europe
Good news for everybody owning the Huawei P9 Plus VIE-L09, You can now try the stock Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware, based on the latest EMUI 4.1 OS, as it’s already available for download. For anybody looking forward to actually looking forward to doing it, we have put together a step by step guide on how to install stock Marshmallow firmware for Huawei P9 Plus VIE-L09.
Firmware Detailed Information:
- Device – Huawei P9 Plus
- Model – VIE-L09
- Android Version – 6.0.1
- EMUI Version – 4.1
- Firmware – B180
- Build Number – VIE-L09C432B180
- Region – Europe
- Status – Official
- Type – Full firmware image
- Size – 1.62 GB
Warnings & Pre-requisites:
Also, here are some of the most important aspects you should be aware of before installing stock Marshmallow firmware on Huawei P9 Plus VIE-L09:
- This firmware is just for the Huawei P9 Plus VIE-L09, so don’t try it on another phone, as it won’t work.
- In order to be able to install it, your phone needs to be on stock firmware and have a custom TWRP Recovery installed.
- The updating process may erase the data on your device, so it’s fully advisable to perform a full backup before starting, in order to avoid an unpleasant situation.
- Make sure that your phone has a battery level of around 50-60% before starting. However, our recommendation is to start with a fully charged batter, so you can avoid dealing with an accidental shutdown.
- Please follow all the steps below correctly, otherwise there’s the risk of bricking your phone.
Download Huawei P9 Plus (VIE-L09) Marshmallow Stock Firmware (B180)
Steps to Install Huawei P9 Plus (VIE-L09) Marshmallow Stock Firmware (B180)
Procedure – 1
Step 1: Download the Huawei P9 Plus (VIE-L09) Stock Marshmallow Firmware (B180) and save it on your device.
Step 2: Create a dload folder on your microSD card and copy the update.app file from above there.
Step 3: Go to your phone’s Settings menu and pick Update. Press the menu button.
Step 4: Choose Local update. You will see the update.app file. Tap on it, in order to begin the installation process.
Step 5: Wait for the installation to be completed. The whole process shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes.
Step 6: When the installation is ready, reboot your device.
Procedure – 2
Step 1: Download Huawei P9 Plus (VIE-L09) Stock Marshmallow Firmware (B180) and extract it.
Step 2: Create a dload folder on your microSD card and place the update.app file, after extracting it from above, in that folder.
Step 3: Turn off your Huawei P9 Plus VIE-L09.
Step 4: In order to automatically begin the update process, press Volume up + Volume down + the Power button simultaneously.
Step 5: Wait for around 10 minutes for the updating process to be completed.
And you’re done with the easiest way to enjoy stock Marshmallow firmware on Huawei P9 Plus VIE-L09. Remember, if you’re facing any issues during the installation process or have any questions related to this, the comments section is open, so feel free to ask us, by dropping a few lines.