Download and Install Android Marshmallow Stock Firmware B310 on Honor 5X (KIW-L21)
If you own the Middle East variant of the Honor 5X, KIW-L21, we have some good news for you: you can now enjoy stock Marshmallow on it! A new custom Android 6.0 Marshmallow custom ROM, based on the latest EMUI 4.0 OS, is now available for downloading and flashing. Therefore, if you want to install stock Marshmallow firmware for Honor 5X KIW-L21, you’re in the right place!
Here are all the details you need to know about the firmware, before proceeding to installation:
- Device – Honor 5X
- Model – KIW-L21
- Android Version – 6.0
- EMUI Version – 4.0
- Firmware – B310
- Build Number – KIW-L21C185B310
- Region – Middle East
- Status – Official
- Type – Full firmware image
- Size – 1.5 GB
- The firmware is just for the Honor 5X – KIW-L21, available in the Middle East. Don’t try installing it on another device.
- In order to work, your phone must run a stock firmware and stock recovery.
- The process may erase your data completely, so we recommend performing a full backup of your phone before starting.
- Make sure that you have a battery level between 50% and 60%. It is advisable to start with a fully charged battery, though, in order to avoid an accidental shutdown.
- Follow the steps below correctly, otherwise you risk damaging your phone.
Download Honor 5X (KIW-L21) Marshmallow Stock Firmware B310
Steps to Install Honor 5X (KIW-L21) Marshmallow Stock Firmware B310
Step 1: Download the stock Marshmallow 6.0 firmware for Honor 5X KIW-L21 and save it on your device.
Step 2: Create a dload folder on your microSD card and put the update.app file over there.
Step 3: Go to Settings > Update and tap the menu button.
Step 4: Select Local update and when the update.app file is shown, tap it in order to begin the installation process.
Step 5: After the installation is complete, which should take more than 10 minutes, reboot your device.
Step 1: Download the stock Marshmallow Firmware B310 for your Honor 5X and extract it.
Step 2: Create a dload folder in the root of your microSD card and copy the update.app file there.
Step 3: Turn off your phone.
Step 4: In order to begin the update process automatically, press the Volume up key and the Power button together.
Step 5: Wait for about 10 minutes until the update is completed.
That’s it, you’re all done! You have successfully managed to install stock Marshmallow firmware for Honor 5X KIW-L21.
If you have any questions or face issues during the installation process, feel free to contact us, using the comments section below.