Android 6.0 Marshmallow Rolled out by AT&T for Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
Here’s small piece of news offering great excitement to the owner of Galaxy S6 Active. AT&T has just started rolling out the newest version of Android OS, the Marshmallow.
Samsung had launched the Galaxy S6 Active with Android 5.0. About eight months ago the device was updated with Android 5.1. And now with Android 6.0.1.
AT&T website writes the Active owners can update Samsung Galaxy S6 Active via Firmware Over The Air (FOTA) and could be only done through a Wi-Fi connection. To start with, users need to enter into the Settings > About device > Software update menu.
Further briefing about how to update the software is as below:
– Charge the device sufficiently, if not completely, and connect to a Wi-Fi connection.
– Pull down notification shade from the home screen and tap Settings.
– Next, tap About Device option.
– Here, tap Software Update and thereafter Check For Updates.
– On-screen prompts will appear in a while asking for downloading and then for installing the update.
– After the installation is completed, the device will restart of its own.
– Go to the About Device option again under the System category and you can verify the update by finding below information:
Android version – 6.0.1
Baseband version – G890AUCU3CPE4
Kernel version – 3.10.61-8015393 dpi@SWDD6116 #1 Sat May 7 14:10:54 KST 2016
Build number – MMB29K G890AUCU3CPE4
File size – 1441MB
It is cautioned to take a back up of stored data and delete some apps before downloading and installing as at least 1441MB of memory is required for the update.
The Android 6.0 Marshmallow is learned to bring Wi-Fi calling to the device, introduce battery-saving Doze mode, feature Google Now on Tap and app permissions management as well, bear newer TouchWiz design and bring Direct Share.
If you are one of those owners of Galaxy S6 Active under AT&T connection, you should be proud to get the update and also to know that the device was more popular in 2015 than what can be expected from this year’s Galaxy S7 Active.